For my AMD for this chapter I spent some time talking with my old middle/elementary school principal, who is fluent in German, while home for Easter.
My old principal, Mr. Pickelmann, is the son of German immigrants and his family was one of the founding families of Frankenmuth, a sort of "little Germany" right here in Michigan.
My German is quite limited compared to his, but we were able to make some conversation. We talked about school and friends, and he taught me how to say a lot of things that I didn't know. I tried to incorporate the conversational past whenever I could to try and get some extra practice with it.
I learned a lot in the time we talked! It was great practice as well. In the beginning my German was tentative and sketchy, but by the end my confidence had improved and the flow of the conversation had improved immensely!
He said he was very impressed that I was able to communicate as well as I could for having not even a full semester of German, I said that that was "The Michigan Difference." :)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.