Donnerstag, 25. April 2013

AMD 5 & 6

AMD 5
For AMD 5, ich bin am Ariadne auf Naxos gegangen. Die Aufführung war sehr interessant, aber die Schauspieleren haben sehr schnell gesungen. They were difficult to understand without looking at the subtitles. However, there were some phrases which I could understand, which made it really cool to try to figure out what was being said without referencing the subtitles.


AMD 6
For AMD 6, I visited the website reddit.com, a social media website. Specifically, I visited the subreddit /r/de (reddit.com/r/de), a section of the site "Für alle Deutschsprachler". I intended to look for an interesting article title and try to read the article, but in the dozens of articles posted the majority of them appeared to be about something going on with a "Telekom". I chose one, and tried to figure out what was going on based on the article at: http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/internet-tarife-roesler-moniert-datenbremse-der-telekom-12161118.html. The article presents an advanced level of German, but I understood enough of several sentences to grasp what the article is reporting. "Die von der Deutschen Telekom geplanten neuen Internet-Tarife" appears to indicate that a German telecom or telecoms are planning to introduce new Internet-tariffs. The word "Netzneutralität" appears twice, which suggests that there is an issue over how Net-Neutrality will be affected by this new tariff.

It is interesting to see how large the reaction on this particular site was to this new tariff, but it is comforting at least to know that the American telecoms do not have a monopoly on squeezing as much money as possible from consumers.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.